2) Participate in the U.S. Department of Energy's Clean Cities Program for alternatives fuels as part of an area Clean Cities Coalition
3) Work with local business sector to encourage/increase participation in EPA's SmartWay Transportation Partnership for their long and short haul shipping/freight needs (trucking)
4) Install a Truck Stop Electrification site
5) Adopt Local Ordinances/Resolutions that:
- Direct local government staff to purchase the cleanest vehicle available for municipal fleets.
- Implement anti-idling ordinances to limit idling in order to address air quality.
- Add a "working green" clause to municipal contracts with local businesses which gives preference to or (financial) incentives to contractors who incorporate the use of green/alternative fuels and low emission vehicles whenever possible.
- Explore the use and impact of mitigation policies, procedures or technologies.
- Use of alternative routes to avoid congested roadways
- Alternative scheduling to avoid rush hour, etc.
6) Implement a congestion mitigation and/or trip reduction strategy for the workforce
- Public transit subsidies (% of workforce participation rate)
- Car pooling program (% of workforce participation rate)
- Telecommuting option (% of workforce participation rate)
7) Construct and implement an electric rail mass transit system for the community.